Zak Drapeau's NFL Offseason Review Part 2: Way Too Early 2024 Mock Draft
Welcome to Mock Draft season!
With the 2023 NFL Draft in the rear view mirror it's time to set our sites on the 2024 NFL Draft and what a draft it will be. Headlined by three generational offensive talents surely to be followed by many others that will show out in the 2023 NCAAF season.
Caleb Williams, quarterback of USC, Marvin Harrison Jr., wide receiver of Ohio State and Drake Maye, quarterback of UNC are the blue chip prospects similar to Bryce Young and Will Anderson were this year. Many others will become such as the year unfolds in what is thought to be a very deep class for both positions.
A "Way-Too-Early Mock Draft" is more of a showcase of these players and less about what team picks where. That being said, I have ranked every team based on my projections for there season's outcome, a lit I will be releasing in part 3 of this series.
NO TRADES. I find it foolish to predict trades for a mock draft where I am 7 months away from knowing anything about the true order.
I will make these notes for possible trades however:
- The Rams trade up for a QB
- The Cardinals trade one of their first round picks for a player, draft capitol or perhaps both
Ok, enough with the prologue, let's get into the draft.
1. Caleb Williams QB USC Big Board Rank 1
Tampa Bay Buccaneers
2. Drake Maye QB UNC Big Board Rank 3
3. Marvin Harrison Jr. WR OSU Big Board Rank 2
4. Dallas Turner Edge Bama Big Board Rank 5
5. Jared Verse Edge FSU Big Board Rank 11
6. Olumuyiwa Fashanu OT PSU Big Board Rank 7
7. Kool-Aid McKinstry CB Bama Big Board Rank 12
Arizona Cardinals (via Houston)
8. Joe Alt OT ND Big Board Rank 8
Green Bay Packers
9. Michael Hall Jr. DT OSU Big Board Rank 7
New England Patriots
10. Andrew Mukuba SAF Clem Big Board Rank 13
New York Giants
11. Quinn Ewers QB Tex Big Board Rank 29
12. Denzel Burke CB OSU Big Board Rank 17
Las Vegas raiders
13. Brock Bowers TE UGA Big Board Rank 4
Houston Texans (via Cleveland)
14. Maason Smith Edge LSU Big Board Rank 10
Chicago Bears (via Carolina)
15. Xavier Worthy WR Tex Big Board Rank 14
16. Michael Penix Jr. QB Wash Big Board Rank 46
Los Angeles Rams
17. Jack Sawyer Edge OSU Big Board Rank 9
18. Raheim Sanders RB Ark Big Board Rank 24
Los Angeles Chargers
19. Emeka Egbuka WR OSU Big Board Rank 18
20. Tyliek Williams DT OSU Big Board Rank 15
New Orleans Saints
21. Cooper DeJean CB Iowa Big Board Rank 34
22. JC Latham OG Bama Big Board Rank 28
23. Jeremiah Trotter Jr. LB Clem Big Board Rank 19